What is the remedy for terrible sore throat with high fever, headaches, chills and sweating ?

So, I m an average 23 year old female, who had a random sore throat like, two days ago, and the next day I felt like walking death-- throwing up, WAY sore-er throat, feeling like I d pass out just walking from my bed to the bathroom. So I went to the doctor, he tested me for strep and the flu and I came back positive for the flu. So since it s a virus and antibiotics won t do anything, I opted yes, gimme the tamiflu (cause I had come in within 48 hours of my symtoms starting) and I went home. Now, I know I m supposed to feel terrible for a while, I m having terrible fever and headaches and shakes and chills and sweats. BUT my so hurts SO bad. I can barely speak, let alone eat. I have to literally count to three in my head before each time I swallow because it hurts THAT bad. Even just water. Horribly bad. Now, I wouldn t worry usually cause I don t remember the last time I had the flu, but my roommate (who s apparently had it just a couple years ago) was like it s really weird that your throat hurts that bad. and I was like IS IT? So....Should I be worried? Like that my doctor over looked something? cause it s like...really painful.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012