What is the remedy for recurring cough, cold and wheezing in an infant ?

My 9 month old has been having very frequent severe cough ,cold and a bit of wheezing which we ve been treating with antibiotics at different times. A pediatrician diagnosed respiratory tract infection the last time he was down with it. He was treated with antibiotics again and he even started him on ventolin . A week after, now,he s down with the same cough, cold and wheezing again. what do u suggest i do? im not sure we should start antibiotics again since the last time he was given gentamicin IV and ceftraxone( just about 2 weeks ago) the doctor also started him on ventolin when he was discharged from the hosp and he just completed the 2weeks he was told to use it. pls note that when he coughs,its so much that he throws up his meals.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012