What is the remedy for foot diabetic neuropathy with numbness ?

Foot diabetic neuropathy w/numbness;feels red pin-prick spot that burns; is on meds/insulin; hydrocodone or lydoderm patch eases it - bad? I asked this earlier and a doctor answered -- This condition is concerning. The treatment is in the right lines. Monitor your sugars regularly. He does and sugars are good. My concern - could there be an ulcer forming or something like this? He has talked to his Podiatrist and they said try Aspercreme and maybe a Tens Unit.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012