What is the reason for difficulty in diagnosing hepatitis C?

Im looking for answers on hepatitis c . I keep looking online but nothing is really helping me to understand why its hard for drs to diagnose the diseease. I read that you (doctors in general) would have to suspect it first in order to have the tests done for a proper diagnosis? But even after they told her she had it they would just drain her and load her up with pills and send her home just so she could come back in a couple of days and do it again. Iwhy didnt they tell us about getting a liver transplant WAY earlier? I would think they could see the chirosis of her liver in a scan or something the day they told her (over a year ago). I feel she could be alive right now. They didnt give us the transplant option till she was weeks away from death. Im just so confused about so many things. She got really sick just 2 months before she died. It happend so fast. Too fast.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013