What is the purpose of montec test ?

my aunt had a montec test.she has been suffering from cough and fever . what is the purpose of this test?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Mar 2011
My mother has suffering from pain left side of stomach so doctor ask some test
1 Montec test =Positive
2 TB gold = Negetive
3 X ray = consolidate sol.
4 Ultra sound= Little fluid
sir i am asking u my mother is suffering from TB for above test
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
I suppose you meant Montoux test. It is a skin test done to see if the body has been previously exposed to TB bacteria. If the swelling is more, as the Doctor can measure after 72 days it means that there is more chance of that person from getting TB disease.
General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishali Hebbar's  Response
Hello There.
welcome to healthcare magic forum..
Monteux test is usually done as a screening test for Tuberculosis...Doctor might be suspecting Tb because of her symptoms.
Hope this helps.
Take care..