What is the meaning of uterus clean up method done during abortion?

Hi Doctor, My girl friend has conceived and she is carrying. It s her 4th week. I have consulted the doctor. They said they gonna make abortion through pills. But they preferred the clean up uterus method. I dont have much knowledge about that. As they say, * They will give a tablet first * then they will clean up the uterus and they say no side effects and patient will bleed till 5 to 7 days.. then everything will be normal. So can you provide details that clean up method is safe?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012