What is the difference between open heart surgery and angioplasty ?

My My father has heart arteries blockage and he had a heart attack in 1996. Later in 2005 he doctors told for Angeogram and but my father was not ready for surgery that time. His health has gone down with passed time. Now he is willing to go for surgery and i am looking for guidance and direction for same on following points: - What is the right required surgery type for such case or in other words what is the difference between open heart surgery and Angeoplasty or By pass. - Which are the good hospitals in bangalore and Hyderabad for heart surgery. - Approximate expenses in Wockhardt and Narayana Hruduyalaya? Hope to get some basic details here and then i would like to proceed with other questions for further understanding . Thanks, Peeyush
Asked On : Tue, 1 Mar 2011