What is the cause for squeezing feeling on the left side of chest and stinging pain and tingling in left hand?

I'm a 27 year old male. 7 days ago I was showering and not long before drank 3 tablespoons of salt in hot water (thought it was good for sore throats, later learned you're not supposed to drink it). During the shower my heart suddenly began beating hard and fast even though I was calm. After I felt really tired and sleepy and had a sort of squeezing feeling on the left side of my chest. The squeezing feeling continued, especially when I stand up from sitting quickly. I went to the E.R. the next day and they did an EKG and blood test and said it's not my heart. Since then I've been tired all the time and get lightheaded from any sexual activity. I went to a walk in clinic and they also just booked me for an EKG. I guess it wasn't a heart attack since the symptoms lasted so long, although I have heard of heart attack symptoms appearing weeks before an actual attack. Lately I've noticed some tingling and stinging pain in my left hand fingertips that comes and goes, also a few times noticed pressure in my neck and upper chest. My main concern is some clot or artery inflammation or heart related, should I be concerned about this and take some other measures or just let it be and hope it resolves on its own? I have a history of Viagra, cocaine and Steroids and my father needed a quadruple bypass in his early 50s. Although I haven't used any Viagra or Steroids for 2 years and haven't used cocaine for 6 years.
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May go for treadmill testing Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query, As long as your body systems are normal, taking 3 teaspoon full of salt and that too 7 days back should not be the cause of any symptom at present. It can lead to transient rise in sodium level but that is taken care by body symptom if it is not too much.. Now tingling and painfull sensation in finger may be caused due to compressive neuropathy (where nerves supplying to hands and finger is compressed) and may be due to cervical spondylitis....This can be easily ruled out by taking a xray of neck anteroposterior and lateral view and is readily curable by cervical collar and physiotherapy.. I think you are over concerned of your heart and suggestive family history....better go for a treadmill testing and if it suggests some cardiac ischemia go for coronary angiography.... But one most important thing is just relax.... Best wishes