What is the cure for acne scars?

I am 22 years old. I have dent type acne scars on my face, also my cheeks are swollen. Is it possible to cure both the problems ?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Dec 2009
Wear sunscreen daily to protect scarred skin from further damage. Any degree of sun exposure will damage your skin, even if you can't visibly see the damage. In order to expedite the healing process, you must keep skin protected from the sun's damaging rays.
Apply a fading or bleaching cream to your acne scars. Generally, acne scars are darker in color than your natural skin tone. With regular use, a bleaching or fading cream will lighten the scars, helping them to blend in with surrounding skin.
Use a scar treatment ointment on your acne scars. These ointments contain natural ingredients such as onion extract which have been shown to improve the appearance of scars. You must apply the ointment three times daily for at least two months in order to see results. Most scar treatment ointments work on both flat and raised acne scars.
Try lotions, serums and creams that contain hydroxy acids. These acids, found naturally in milk and sugar cane, aid in collagen production. They also help to remove old, damaged skin cells from the surface of your skin, helping your skin to look younger and more radiant.
Have a chemical peel performed on your acne scars. You can choose the strength of the chemicals used, ranging from light to heavy. The chemicals applied will react with the top layers of your skin, essentially burning and removing them. The skin below will be less damaged, and the acne scars lighter as a result. Most people require a series of peels, applied a few months apart, in order to see results.
Talk to your dermatologist about laser treatment for your acne scars. Lasers have been shown to be very effective at lightening acne scars. The laser will both target pigment in the acne scars and treat your skin in general. The pigment in the acne scars will be broken up and absorbed by the body's immune system, and your skin's top layers will be burned away, to reveal younger-looking skin below. Be aware that laser treatments are usually somewhat painful and expensive.

Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query
Acne scars can be treated with mda and glyco peel to some extent. The treatment might be extend upto 50 plus weeks.
Have a healthy living
  Anonymous's Response

The acne scars might need laser treatment. Swollen cheeks are due to chubbiness then fine. In case if it is due to some oral problems them it will need further investigations and treatment.