What is the cause of tenderness under the ear and pain in the head after banging the head ?

I was getting in my friends car earlier today stupidly closed the door too fast and ended up hitting the top left side or my head and the bottom right side underneath my ear. They both stopped hurting very quickly but the area under my ear is still tender. It was a bit red and hurts when I touch it. It also hurts when I move my head a certain way. I also feel a slightly swollen vein . I think I m fine, I haven t felt sick or dizzy but I just want to make sure. So, do you think I m okay?
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012

The body's natural reaction to any mechanical injury or trauma is redness and pain. Tenderness is also normal after injury simply because the soft tissues have been hurt due to the blunt trauma. So don't worry. It will hurt if you move your head because that area is recovering from the trauma and will take some time.

Start taking homoeopathic Arnica 200 4 pills thrice daily. Continue for 3 days. The body will recover faster and the discomfort will also go.

If there is a cut at the area of injury apply Calendula ointment for quick healing and preventing infection.

If there is any swelling, you can apply a cold compress for relief.

All the best!
General & Family Physician Dr. Shanthi.E's  Response

I feel that you are fine, and should be okay soon.

It is the effect of the trauma. It will subside soon.

Apply ice packs locally to the injured area.

Get well soon.

General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
hello welcome to any hit will show its effect by next day. i suppose you are having bruce, it will get infected