What is the cause of swelling on the gums and face with stiffness on the bottom cheek post popping a temp crown ?

I had a temp crown put in on the second to last tooth on the right. After I had the temp places I left the office and the crown broke off. I didn t know that wasn t supposed to happen so I continued on about my business and when I had an appointment again a few days later I told them and they replaced the crown. However this time it was causing me some pain and discomfort which I didn t know until the anesthetics wore off by then I was home. Later the next day the crown popped off again giving me relief but now my gums seem to irritated. Along with my the right side of my face being swollen. I have no pain but a stiff and rather hard area on my right bottom cheek , my gums also look swollen but I can not be sure.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Apr 2012