What is the cause of severe itching in the pubic hair and vaginal area ?

I AM 65 YEARS OLD ,FEMALE SEVERE ITCHING IN PUBIC HAIR AREA AND VAGINA AREA, DO NOT SHAVE DOWN THERE AND NO SEXUAL CONTACT HAVE BEEN USING STORE BRAND OF VAGICAINE ALSO HAVE USED STORE BRAND NAME OF HEMORRHOIDAL OINTMENT ALSO HAVE TRYED TRIPLE AN TIBIOTIC OINTMENT. ALL HELP BUT.... ONLY FOR A SHORT TIME.. NO SORES NO DISCHARGE NO SMELL , JUST TERRIBLE ITCHING AND REDNESS IN PUBIC HAIR AREA AND REDNESS ON OUTER VAGINA AREA. ADDED NOTE.. ALSO SEVERS ITCHING IN THE CREASES OF INNERLEG AREA NEAR WHERE PUBIC HAIR GROWS, BUT MAINLY INFRONT PUBIC HAIR AREA. ITCHING IS WORSE AT NIGHT. DOES DIET PLAY ANY ROLE IN THIS PROBLEM?? I DO EAT ALOT OF SUGAR FOODS A D DRINK ALOT OF SODA , HOWEVER I ALSO DRINK WATER . HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS TERRIBLE ITCHING FOR SEVERAL MONTHS .. URINE DOESNOT BURN AS I URINATE HOWEVER BECAUSE THAT AREA IS SO RAW, AND DRY AND IRRITATED THE URINE DOES BURN AND STING WHEN IT HITS IN THAT AREA..THERE ARE NO SORES, AND NO PIMPLES WHAT IS CAUSING THIS TERRIBLE ITCHING AND REDNESS IN PUBIC HAIR AREA ANG VAGINA AREA?????
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012