Welcome to HCM!
is a common disorder, it could really be very disturbing.
I would suggest you the following-
First of all do Thyroid function test, if laxatives didn't work, i would highly suspect hypothyroidism
few other important tips
1. Make sure that you are going to the toilet every morning (even when there is no feeling) after drinking at least one glass of water with lemon. Give sufficient time, so you can avoid unnecessary strain.
2. keep a food diary, and try to observe the food which makes you constipated. You must take lots of fibres in your food, with sufficient amount of water. You must avoid non-vegetarian and dairy food.
3. Do exercise regularly.
4. Do not take excess of coffee, tea, cola, alcohol. it is better to take additional water.
5. Do not take over the counter medication
, specially cough syrups, and those pain killers which contains Codeine
. Some antacids, multivitamins, iron and Calcium supplementation can also cause constipation.
Do not take laxatives, and excess fibres, without making the proper diagnosis.
7. do you have any specific site for pain abdomen?do you pass blood in the stool? DO you have any associated symptoms? Do you have family history of any disease related to intestine?
if these measures do not help you, please go to the doctor for further investigation-Full blood count, Stool test
M/C/S and for occult blood, tests to rule
out LUPUS, colonoscopy