What is the cause and remedy for frequent stabbing chest pain that worsens on inhalation ?

Hi there, I have a problem with my chest I get this pain on the left side of my chest every now and then and from time to time the pain gets so bad that it stops me from inhaling I can exhale but not inhale, if I try then I get a sharp pain like a thousand needles stabbing me over and over again. It usually goes away after a couple seconds but lately it s been taking longer to go away. I have had this pain since I was young but it s also been happening frequently I have told my doctor about it he thinks it s nothing the last time I went he came up with the idea that I might have absent seizures but then again he really doesn t think so, so he just proscribed me pain killers but they don t work. Can you help me please?
Asked On : Tue, 10 Apr 2012