What is the Side Effects of Paraxin Tablet ?

My age is 62, 5'4" and was prescribed a 7 day course of Paraxin tablet. The course ended yesterday. However, I just happened to check my fasting glucose level (using an in-home kit that my husband uses) and i was shocked to see a reading of 230.
I checked it again in the afternoon (post lunch) it shot up to 270. I have cut my sugar intake and the reading (fasting) this morning was 180. I have been feeling a little tired and fatigued since the last few days.
Could this be a side effect of the medication or this is suggesting diabetes?
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011