What is the RH factor? Chances of blood group incompatibility?

I am Male and my blood group is O+ve. I intend to get married to a lady having blood group O-ve. Can there be some blood group incompatibility issues during child birth or after the 1st child? Can the new born(s) suffer from any kind of disease, including Thalassemia. Is there something like 1st child will be fine and the subsequent ones will have problems? What is RH/RF (not sure) factor? I heard some kind of injections are given to mother to resolve such blood group incompatibility issues with the fetus during pregnancy, what are the side effects on mother due to such injections? Is blood group/type checking of would be bride and groom necessary for any reason apart from possibility of having HIV virus?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013