What is meant by irregular spotting ?

what is irregular spotting?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Mar 2011
thanks for choosing health care magic.Your question is not complete.I thing you wanted ask about irregular spotting during pregnancy.See during pregnancy you need to take care this.Due to some hormonal imbalance or deficiency it can happen and it calls for examination and treatment by your gynecologist.Please see your doctor soon.
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Jasvinder Singh's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. Sometimes irregular spotting is harmless, but sometimes it’s an alarming sign of serious problem. It may be an indication of old, dry blood that came from cervix most probably due to sexual intercourse and irritation of the cervix causing a little tear. Other reason could be due to miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy, vaginal infection, hormonal imbalance (can be due to PCOS),hypothyroidism, cigarette smoking or underlying Chlamydia infection while on birth control and fibroids.
A gynecologist should be consulted to confirm the diagnosis.
Hope it helps you. Regards.