What is massive stroke?

what is massive stroke? I have search but can find answer, pls help? what is massive stroke? I have search but can find answer, pls help?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Neurologist 's  Response
A stroke is considered to be massive, when it can result in paralysis of one side of the body, an inability to speak, memory loss, coma, or even death. There are two types of massive strokes, ischemic and hemorrhagic; the first is usually caused by blood clots while the second is caused by bleeding in the brain.Massive stroke in case of ischemic stroke is when more than 2/3rd of MCA territory is infarcted. large brainstem bleed , cerebellar bleed >30ml blood ,all these leads to mass effect and midline shift ,ultimately death of the patient
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to any part of the brain. This causes parts of the brain to die from lack of oxygen. A "massive" stroke would be where a large area of brain has died. Symptoms would depend on what area of the brain is affected but a massive stroke would be very damaging...;