What is grade-3 placenta ? Does its occurance in 26th week of pregnancy pose any health risks ?

Hi, My wife is pregnant and I heard that she has grade-3 placentra early in 26 week. Is it a problem? pls advice. What needs to be done?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
Hi Raj,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum. A grade 3 placenta means the placenta is mature at an early stage. Your baby might be growing well. This will be of concern if your wife has high blood pressure. If your baby is growing well normally you need not worry. Your doctor will keep a close check on the baby and the placenta. Wish you good luck.