What is causing itching in my buttocks ?

itching in my buttocks ..seems to be round in shape.cant tolerate
Asked On : Wed, 29 Jun 2011
Hi sharmeena,

Welcome to HCM.
Itching in the buttock could be due to skin infection. If there is raised round lesions, then it could be due to ring worms.
Best would be to consult a dermatologist, because only by examination we can determine what kind of infection it is and the treatment varies according to the causative organism.

Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

The most common condition which we come across in this season is fungal infection,which occurs esp over buttocks .Take a anti fungal tablet along with topical antifungal cream daily .This needs to be carried out for at least 6 weeks .
Kindly consult a dermatologist for proper prescription.

Dr.Bharat chawda
General & Family Physician Dr. Meeta Misra's  Response
Hi, you are most probably having ringworm infection. Apply Quadriderm ointment two or three times a day for one week and then gradually taper it off and take one tab of Lezyncet to reduce the itching till required.