What does missed period with lower abdominal pain indicate ?

Hi, I m 27 and my wife is 22. Till Oct 2011 she was having her periods regularly (28 days cycle). We planned for a baby and stopped using protection from the 13th day of her last period (Oct 11). We never visited a doctor. In Jan 2012 she had her period delayed by 2 days (we took a preg test which showed negative). I visited a doctor and he gave me some tips and asked to continue trying as it was too early to conclude anything and at times it may take upto an year to conceive. We tried again and this time (Feb 2012) her periods were delayed by 5 days (again test negative). Her next date was around 25th Mar but she missed it. (again a negative test result). She s not had her period but is complaining of pain in her right side of abdomen since a week now. We couldn t make it to a doctor as we were changing stations and yesterday itself we ve settled to the new place. What can be the probable reasons for her missed periods along with the pain in lower abdomen (right side). P.S. She had missed her periods for two months in a row in July and Aug 2011. Kindly help. She maintains a healthy diet and strict vegetarian . She s not over nor under weight .
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012
Welcome to HCM,
As you are trying for a baby since October, but your wife not conceiving, please get your semen tested after abstinence for at least a week. If your semen report is ok, consult a Gynaecologist for her examination and investigations including sonography. When pregnancy test was done last ? If sufficient time has elapsed, you can once again get it done. Meanwhile your wife can use ovulation prediction kit to know the date of ovulation. You should do intercourse on & for a few days after ovulation and avoid sex in remaining days to improve quality of semen.
Wish you good health,