What does HPT being positive but no signs of pregnancy in a scan mean ?

Hi Doctor .. My Name is Deepa. I am 24 years old. Married for 3 years and trying for a baby for 1 year now. Got my 2nd IUI done last month. Today is my 33rd day after my last period. Took a HPT was positive 2 time( Morning and Evening). Went to a scan, I was told the signs of pregnancy was not found. He said it might be too early to see the pregnancy sac or the baby might have formed outside the uterus. I am very scared. Please advice me on this.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011