What could be this piece of tissue that I passed as my urine is dark and pain in urethra ?

69 years old male. Passed 1/2 dark looking piece of tissue that was bloody last night. This morning urine was dark and small in quality. Slight itching/very mild hard to pinpoint pain in urethra are, I think. Just saw doctor yesterday for general physical. Did not do a digital exam, however, which I thought strange. No urine testing was done. Last several years have shown slight elevated creatinen level due to meds. Should I wait and see what developed or call my physician now?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012