What could be this bluey-black spot shaped vein on operated lower back area ?

I have had an operation on my lower back (right side) about 5 years ago to remove an extremely painful collection of veins. The slightest touch would give me extreme pain and even sleeping in certain positions was difficult. I noticed a small bluey-black spot shaped vein on the edge of the scar today and poking it sends pain across quite a large area of my lower back. It s nowhere near as bad as it used to be but the pain is unusual and very noticeable especially when I stretch or put pressure on the area. I m 19 years old, male, I don t smoke or drink, I consider myself very fit and healthy, and noone in my family to my knowledge has had a similar problem. I want to know as much as I can about this problem, and if it s likely that I ll need surgery again. edit: I tried taking a picture of what it looks like now, it s not very noticeable: just looks like a small bruise on the bottom tip of the scar.
Asked On : Fri, 3 Jun 2011