What could be the cause of sudden increase in BP with severe headache and ringing in the ears ?

last week my blood pressure went up to 220/110 and my pulse was95. A severe headache developed, and a strange feeling of not being here with ringing in my ears. I have been under enormous stress. I am a 68 year old woman. I did have my blood taken, and a stool sample as I had severe pain in my left side with bad diarreha for 5 days. It is difficult not knowing what is happening. Was I near a stroke? What is happening to me please.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Feb 2012