What could be the cause of hard mass on the left side of neck in one suffering from radiation proctitis ?

My husband has a hard mass left side of neck under the ear. He had prostate cancer 6 years ago and had the prostate removed. Two years later, the cancer re-occured and he had 33 radiation treatments. He has suffered form radiation proctitis since. He underwent alot of different treatments to treat the rectal bleeding namely had 5 argon plasma coagulation treatments and 60 hyperbaric oxygen treatments. He has noticed this lump about 3 weeks ago. Its not painful. Measures 1 inch. Is hard and not movable? He has a medical apointment in another week.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Apr 2012