What could be the cause of conceiving problems in a hypothyroid with TSH under control after taking metformin 500 mg ?

I am 27 and have hypothyroidism . My hypothyroidism is under control with TSH of 0.94. I have started taking metformin 500 mg for the past 20 days. I have 37 days cycle and was expecting that metformin would regulate my cycle by shortening it. I ovulated on December 2 so I am 17 days past ovulation . My period is actually due today and when I did the pregnancy test I saw negative. I dont see any signals of period or pregnancy. I am confused, worried and don t know what to do.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Dec 2011