What could be the cause and treatment for reddish floater with discomfort in the eye of a diabetic ?

I was recently diagnosed - officially - as a Type II diabetic. Since then (July 2011) I have been focused and managed myself very well. Typical fasting a.m. glucose is 95 - 115, and evening 2-3 hours post prandial is 110 - 125. While getting glasses fitted/prescribed in January a retinal scan showed my retinas were perfect - no sign of any problems per the physician. Today I moved an extremely heavy sack of trash (many magazines and paperback books) down our stairway and into the garage. I immediately noticed a floater - a seemingly red colored floater. I also noticed many spots. I am trained as a Clinical Lab Scientists and I know red blood cells (RBC s) when I see them. I was able to alter my focus onto the tiny floating spots and realized I was looking at many RBC s. I realized that I must have strained so significantly to move the heavy trash bag that I ruptured a blood vessel in my retina. The reddish floater remains now 10 hours later - I know it may not be absorbed by my body if the bleed was into the vitreous. My concern is that the floater is just up and to the right of my straight ahead macular vision . If the macula was the center point of a clock where the hand of the clock are connected, my floater is at about 1:00 on the theoretical clock face. I also feel a bit of discomfort in the eye - pressure most likely. Should I go straight to an Opthamologist tomorrow morning or am I over-reacting to this event based on my previous, perfect retinal scan?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Apr 2012