What causes white discharge? Any Effects? Should we try to stop that?

Hi
I am having white discharge. I consulted a doc. who told be its normal. however whats bothering me is that its continuous...I stops just 2 to 3 days before my periods and starts 2 to three days after the periods. I am married..28 years old but the issue is with me since 22. Moreover I want to know what causes the normal white discharge, not the infection ones? should we try to stop that? Has this normal discharge any bad effect like weakness, low bp as many people say so.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013