What causes vaginal discharge during pregnancy ? How can these discharges be controlled ?

I m 11 weeks 3 days pregnant and experiencing some vaginal discharge that started out bright pink when I was 7 weeks. The first time it happened was only once a day for about a week then stopped for a week and started again every few days then the discharge changed to brownish color then once with a thin string of blood .it usually only happens once a day when I go to the bathroom. So today at 11 weeks 3 days I went to the bathroom and it was bright red Mucosy blood.My vagina has also been feeling irritated around the vaginal opening. What could this possibly be? I don t have any cramping either. I also believe that I have been suffering from labia nerve pain on my right side and have been taking methyl b12 which has helped a lot.I also abstain from sex with my husband to once a week because of the discharge as I am scared it will get worse. I need some answers badley.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Jun 2011