What causes itching in the vaginal area without any discharge ?

HI I had terrible itching for awhile in the hair around my vaginal area. I used Monistat 1 and was still itching. I used Monistat 7 and am still itching but, not as bad. After the internal use was done, I used the medicine externally. Is it common for the itch to continue for a little while after usage? Could the medicine have dried out my skin , causing itching? Is it ok to use witch hazel on the area? I have no odor or discharge.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Jan 2011
if topical creams arent working then you might need oral antibiotics.Try flucon tablet single dose.Avoid sex.Maintain hygiene.Itching should not be due to the monistat.