What causes eye watering in infants while watching TV in the evenings ?

Good day Doc, My child is 18 months, he is normal. Every evening he watches nursery rhymes between 6 pm and 8 pm. Since last one week we noticed tears coming out of his eyes. It usually comes for 10 - 15 minutes. Can you please advise what could be the course, we never noticed this symptom in the past. When he watches TV in the afternoon there are not tears. Please advise, Rakesh
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jul 2011
Hi,thanks for query.This could be because of eye strain due to watching tv in poor or improper light conditions.Make sure no light comes behind the tv screen.It should come from behind or above the person.I do not think there can be any other issue.still if this persists take him to a eye doctor and get his eyes checked.
wishing him good health.