1. If your thyroid hormones are within normal limits, there should be no problem.
2. Taking Eltroxin is safe during pregnancy
.You should be aware that during pregnancy, your requirement of Eltroxin may have to be monitored more often.
3. You should be under the care of an Endocrinologist
in addition. Thyroid hormones fluctuate during pregnancy.
4. Increase (hyperthyroidism
) or decrease (hypothyroidism
) during pregnancy causes problems for both mother and the baby. The fetus is very sensitive to thyroid hormone levels till it's own thyroid gland starts functioning.
5. Iodine intake also needs attention during pregnancy.