1. Most women tend to find tampons much more comfortable, myself included!
2. With tampons you can go swimming and the better comfort compared to a pad makes it easier to play other sports as well.
3. Cleaner-not as much mess to clean up and doesn't get smelly like pads sometimes can.
4. Don't have to worry about it showing through your pants.
5. Leaks sometimes do happen, but less than with a pad.
1. Some people find tampons are more difficult to use than pads.
2. SMALL risk of TSS (toxic shock
synrdrome), but most products these days have such a low risk that its fairly insignificant. As long as package instructions are followed the risk should be slim to none.