What are the pros and cons of the surgical repair of torn rotator cuff? MRI showing partial thickness tear

Pros and cons of surgical repair of partial tear of rotator cuff . I have had therapy and surgical tendon debridement with subacromial decompression. Neither improved pain and strength of the shoulder . Post-surgical MRI shows a partial-thickness tear, not seen on preop MRI. Can and should this partial tear be sown or will the surgery make it worse. I was told the partial tear would have to be cut to a full tear and then repaired as if it had been a full-thickness. If I opt not to have surgery what are the chances of the tear getting worse with movement and/or time? I am concerned that it will come back to haunt me if I do not have the difficult repair now. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013