What are the legal and health risks of sperm donation ?

Hi I am 27 year old guy and still single. A very close friend of mine got married 2 years back. They were having difficulty in pregnancy and finally after lot of tests , doctor said my friend s semen is issue and only way is go for a artificial through donor. My friend instead of going through some legal donor is approaching me. He just wants me to have sex with his wife till she gets pregnant , that way no legal hassles or hospital visits. But he wants me to promise to not reveal anybody and forget that. I could not say no, so I agreed. It seems even his wife has agreed to this. Only thing she wants my friend to br there during sex. Can I go ahead. Any problems in future? Any health issues?
Asked On : Wed, 25 May 2011
Welcome to HCM.
What your friend suggested is outright absurdity. Not only you will loose friendship, you will also enter into lots of legal complications. Probably the immaturity of both of you have led to such an unacceptable idea.
If you go ahead, you will have lots of problems in the future and you will seriously repent for having taken such a foolish decision.
The answer is a BIG NO, nothing else.