What are the causes for the lips to become tingly and itchy during pregnancy ?

hi, i woke this morning to my lips all tingly & itchy & now they feel really dry & rough & it looks like pin holes in them maybe with oozing. the bottom outline of the lower lip itches like crazy. could this be a reaction from the overspray from spraying my kids down with suncscreen on sunday or something worse? this happened 2 years too but i thought maybe it was because i was pregnant then & then it was bad enough that i got deep cracks all over my lips & was very painful. Im hoping that it doesnt get that bad this time. when i went to the dr they said that they didnt know what it was from & couldnt give me anything cause i was pregnant.
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011
Hi Damien,

What you describe is certainly some kind of allergic reaction. Of course the sun screen spray may have caused it. Sulpha containing drugs are known to produce similar reaction.