Wet yellow mucous substance with a streak of blood after farting, green substance after stool. Advise?

Hi, I felt like I wanted to pass wind yesterday so I did and a wet substance came down instead. When i went to the bathroom to check it was a wet yellow mucus substance with no scent and a little streak of blood. Now this morning went to use the bathroom an after passing my stool I wiped an realized the same wet mucus like substance but the color is now green. I am not having any pains at all, just feeling like i want to pass wind and when i go to the bathroom that's what am getting along with the stool. i'm frightened, what could this be?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Mucus can be present in stool but in small amounts if it is seen in increasing quantities it may indicate inflammation of the intestinal lining.

The brown colour of stool is related to changes that occur to the bile in the stool as it passes through the intestines
Green discolouration of the stool can be as a result of food ingested. it may also occur in cases of increased stool frequency because the bile has not had the chance to change.

The fact that you are experiencing both of these may indicate some level of inflammation which may sometimes resolve on its own.

If the symptoms do not resolve or worsen, you can consider visiting your doctor for an assessment.

I hope this helps