Weird feeling in cervix since gyanec visit, get intermittent period like pains, frequent urination, pregnancy test negative. What could it be?

I went to the Gyno a week ago and since then my cervix felt weird. My results came back but my doctor wants to see me to discuss them. Since the phone call, I been having pains like period pains every 10-20 minutes, and having to pee also. When I go the pains go away for the most part. I took a pregnancy test to see if I was pregnant and i was not. What do you believe is wrong?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Mar 2014

It seems you are having a urinary tract infection. When the infection involves the urinary bladder, cramps occur. So emptying the bladder partly relieves the pain due to infection as it decreases stretching of the bladder.

The cervix normally does not perceive pain. The pain occurs only if it is held with a surgical object. You have not mentioned if any vaginal procedure was performed?

I suggest that you drink plenty of water to keep flushing out the infectious bacteria. If the symptoms still persist, get a urine examination and an antibiotic. Since the doctor has already asked you for consultation, better go and discuss these issues.

Hope you find this useful, have a good day and take care.
Dr. Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist.