Weight gain without increase in diet, swelling decreased with diuretic, recurred post treatment. How should I approach this?

Hello, I have gained approximately 17 lbs in about 1 month without an increase in my diet. I went to the doctor after the first rapid 8 lbs last month and he ran the panel of testing and all came back ok-- blood sugar , thyroid, liver , kidney,etc. I had swelling the time i went to the doctor and fatigue ..i did take an over the counter diuretic (diurex) for two days only and I lost 6 of the eight pounds. Also, I went off(with dr. permission) lisinopril for high blood pressure about 4 months ago because my Blood Pressure was stress induced and had been on for about 4 years.It got so low that I had to stop taking it, but I wonder if not being on the lisinopril (which had a diuretic included) is a factor. The doctor i went to about the swelling and weight gain was not my regular practitioner, but in same practice. Just in the past few days, the swelling has returned again(I had gone about a month without the swelling) and have gained about 8-10 lbs in the past 4-5 days. I don t have any other symptoms and i feel fine. No fatigue, my diet is relatively the same and activity level. Any suggestions on how to approach. I did take a few water pills yesterday and I m not noticing any effects this time. I m calling the doctor tomorrow to make an appointment. Also, I do have a fibroid tumor, but my stomach is not swollen this time--i did have swelling in abdomen area and feet, hands and over my body with the first onset of swelling. My entire body feels like a blimp my skin feels tight all over from my face,hands, back, to my feet. I m not in pain, but just uncomfortable and the unexplained weight gain is very hard to deal with..luckily I m a tall woman, so that helps a little.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012