Weight gain post child birth, water retention, swollen ankles, calves. Colonoscopy shows ulcerative colitis. Family history of rectal cancer. Do I have colon cancer?

I am a 34 yr old mother of 4 (9, 6, 3, and 17 months old). After my 4th child I have been unable to lose weight. I gave up drinking soda , joined an intense workout program and after a month and a half of the program I not only gained weight (6 lbs) but my measurements got larger (particularly my waist measurement). I worked out heavily in college, but since the birth of my children was very sporadic about it (in other words- not in shape). I currently weigh about 176lbs and I m 5 5 1/2 . I am the heaviest I ve ever been..but no matter what I do, I cant lose weight. I experience what seems to be water retention (swollen fingers- can t take my rings off ever- they are stuck on- literally); swollen ankles and calves. I feel bloated and full after eating. I was diagnosed about a yr ago with ulcerative colitis (once in a while have bouts of severe stomach cramps/ diarrhea then sometimes bleeding) - had colonoscopy for this. My father (62) was just diagnosed with rectal cancer- I am just concerned about some of the symptoms I am having compared to his. I also have a hemorrhoid that never bothered me before, but now I have constant rectal itching and irritation. When I have a bowel movement , it is painful past this area (burns and hurts upon passing the itching hemorrhoid area)and almost always have flat stools too. Thanks for any help
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012