Weight and hair loss, not feeling very well, hot and cold flushes, sore shoulders and body pain. Advised heart and hernia surgery. Reason ?

my husband had a x ray on his shoulder and has recieved a letter saying he has to ring the doctor for an appointment for results asap, he had booked prior to recieveing this letter and is booked in on saturday 3 days away. he has got a heart condition and hernias that both need surgery and is being put through as priority, he is unable to work un till surgery is preformed and he is recovered. He has lost weight, lost hair,not been feeling very well,hot and cold flushes, has extremely sore shoulders and on and off pain in different parts of his body, he is only 27 years old, he told me that the report said something about a shadow, what could this mean
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013