Weakness in arm and leg. Had surgery for ear infection. Have paralyzed face, deafness, dizziness. What happened?

I had an extreme weakness in my right arm and leg on Monday and went to the hospital but they told me that I didn t have a stroke . The symptoms went away and haven t come back. I did have surgery for a serious ear infection in July that (the ear infection) left the left side of my face paralyzed (hopefully temporary), my left ear deaf (again hopefully temporary) and dizziness (again hopefully temporary). I did go to the dizzy therapist on Thursday and did well that day. What happened to me?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012