Weakness, drowsiness, headache, confusion on drinking water. What could be the cause and remedy?

Hello, please for the last 3 months I am having a problem, that when I drink water, even very good one from 2 liter bottles, I feel very week, sleepness, headache and I cannot think properly for around 2 hours, then gradually I start to feel normal again. This symptoms only happen when I drink water, and it it is normal quantity like 2 or 3 grasses. What is wrong with my body that I cannot drink water without feel this reactions? I am 25 years and male. Could you help me? Thank you so much!
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear caitanyadas,
Your symptoms may be due to reduced electrolytes. Please check your serum electrolytes to rule out this doubt. Try drinking water with electral powder. Let me know if you still feel the same symptoms. You can also drink water with lemon and salt. do not drink more than 500ml of plain water at a time. Daily water intake can reach upto 2-4 litres,no problem at your age.
Let me know if you still feel the same complaints.

Warm regards
Dr Bharath Rao