Weakness and pain in the arm and face. No sign of stroke in CT scan. History of lumbar puncture. Stroke?

My fiance went to the ER the day before yesterday for weakness/pain in his left arm and face. There were no signs of stroke on the CT scan or MRI, but he had had severe stroke symptoms 10 days before and never went to the hospital. They believed he had a stroke then, but because he waited so long, it didn t come up on the scans. He also had a lumbar puncture to check for an aneurysm , but that came up clear. Just now, he had severe weakness in his left arm and leg and said that it felt like he was having muscle spasms and extreme sensitivity. After about 10 minutes it started to ease up, but he feels as if the muscles are exhausted. Could this be another stroke or just a side effect from the possible stroke he did have?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013