Watery discharge with blood clots before periods onset, had sex during the cycle post a long term abstinence. Is it pregnancy?

Hello, 5 days before my period, I experienced a watery discharge with blood clots. I have never had this before. The day before this I had a clear watery discharge. I am wandering if I may be pregnant. The other circumstances include a very active sex life since my last period, which was after an abstinence of 1.5 years. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012

Presence of blood clots in your vaginal discharge just before periods is nothing but your menstrual blood in clot form. Your cycles have been initiated few days prior to the last menstrual period. This proves that there is no chance of any pregnancy. However, in case if you still have not got frank periods yet, try doing an urine pregnancy test once for confirmation.

In case if you continue to have clots in your vaginal discharge suggest you to visit a Gynecologist for further evaluation of excessive bleeding.

Do let me know for any additional information.

Best regards,
Dr. T. Shobha Deepak