Was taking oxycotin after back surgery. Changed to methadone. Had masectomy. Effect of the medicine?

I was prescribed oxycotin after my back surgery. My doctor started me on 10mg. 2xs daily then kept uping the dose to 3 40mg. tablets 2xs daily, a total of 240mg. a day. His name is Dr. Lee from Christ Hospitol in Oak lawn, IL. When he went on vacation I called to get my pills refilled and the doctor that was taking over for him told me I was on way too much medicine. He wouldn t fill it and I got very sick and ended up in the emergency room . I didn t know it but I was going through withdrawl. I was medicated and then when I got out I was gien the name of a methadone clinic. I have been going there for 10 yrs. now. I was told I will never be able to get off methadone. Is this true? I am 56, a white female and have breast cancer . I had a masectomy and finished chemo and radiation 7months ago. I never told anyone I was on methadone. My husband bought the orange 40mg. diskets to me in the hospitol every day.I am on 200mg. a day for 10 years. I never had to have it increased
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013