Wart on thumb, used wart paint but recurred, extremely painful and red. Treatment ?

I have some sort of wart on my thumb , i have used wart off paint, which seemed to work for the first time, then the wart came back, and now if i use wart of paint and cover the wart from breathing it just becomes EXTREMELY painful to touch and is red underneath the wart. i work rurally and don t have access to a doctor or pharmacy for at least two weeks. i work as a mechanic, hence the wart is effecting my work with the pain.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012