Vomiting fecal material, bloating, nausea, cramping. No bowel movement after taking Metamucel. Solution?

I have problems with my small intestines and have had to spend five days in the hospital due to vomiting fecal material. I am again having issues with bloating , nausea and cramping. Is is safe for me to try relieving this by using an enema if OTC laxatives do not work? Or can you suggest any other possible solutions? I do take Metamucel every day and am not producing any bowel movement even though I eat regularly.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013