Suffering with chronic celiac sprue, creeping stomach pain, bloating and nausea. Stomach biopsy showed red patches. What could it be?

I recently had a colonoscopy and a endoscopy done, the colon is fine, but the dr found that in my biospy of my stomach red patches through out my stomach. He says that he hasnt seen this very often and doesnt know what it is or what its caused from. Now I have to go through small bowel capsule endoscopy to see if its threw out my small intestine . I have celiac sprue also for 8 years now and have lost alot of weight recently and also have diahreaa every day. I also have craping in pain in the middle of my belly along with bloating and nausea. Im worried that he does not know what this is, and have not been able to find anything on the internet about red patches. I seen the pictures and they are not ulcers, they are not bleeding the are really small and there is alot of them. any Idea of what this could be/
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  51 Awaiting Answer